Terms and Conditions - Culture Awareness Training
- CANCELLATIONS: For a full refund of cancellations we must be notified within 48 hour period of date of booked of event
- PAYMENT: Payment for attending culture awareness training must be paid in full following from 7 days of completion of training.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Please note: participants may be photographed before, during or after a workshop, for the purpose of Balgarra Designs marketing and advertising, on social media channels belonging to Balgarra Designs, which include: Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok & Linkedin. said photographs may also be used in other media outlets such as magazines, TV, Newspapers, Newsletters, Pamphlets, Flyers, In Store advertising, Video & billboards. Upon booking participants agree to be photographed. If you do not wish to be photographed please notify staff asap.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All participants will be required to sign a Intellectual Property Disclaimer to protect Traditional Cultural Knowledge. The Balgarra Designs staff delivering the session is the owner of all copyright of all Intellectual property delivered.
- COVID 19: Balgarra Designs covid 19 policy consist of the following;
- checking in via QR Code or written
- using sanitizers provided
- wear a masks when restrictions are in place
- following protocol if feeling unwell, please stay home if unwell or showing Covid 19 symptoms
- We also ask participants respect staff & or other clientele individual choices and privacy regarding health. Thank You.
FAQ - Culture Awareness Training
What should I expect to gain from the workshop?
You will gain an understanding and awareness of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander culture and people as well the implications of colonisation and its impacts to ATSI people.
Below is a various list of some things to expect from the workshop.
A understanding and awareness of Aboriginal culture and people
Insight to the effects colonisation has had on Aboriginal people and how it still affects' them today
Up to date information on Aboriginal issues
A look into Aboriginal politics
Australian policies and its effects on Aboriginal people
Our Moiety System and understanding traditional ways (Kinship)
Sacred sites and their meanings
Recommendations of more information on books and websites
Do you do deliver culture awareness training in various avenues?
Yes, we can offer you training in and around your respected fields.
Can I cancel my booking or reschedule?
Yes, cancellations MUST be made 48 hours prior to commencement date. Rescheduling can be arranged, please contact staff for further information via email.
Can I get a full refund?
No, Sorry we do not offer any refunds after attending culture awareness training.
What is the minimum number of participants?
Minimum number of participants is 10.
What happens if not all participants attend?
All bookings must be paid for in full for all participants that were booked. Notification of any participants unable to attend must be made 24 hours before commencement of training for their fee to be waived.
Do you deliver your workshop outside of Ingham?
Yes! you can request a booking with us to attend your venue or nearest city. We can travel to your destination (although this will not include the full tour of Mungalla Aboriginal Tours)
How long are the workshops?
Currently we only offer a one day or two day workshop (Catering provided)
One Day Workshop: Training starts at 9:30am and finishes at 4pm (includes morning and afternoon tea and cut sandwiches or BBQ lunch.
2 Day Workshop:
Day 1 - 3hrs, Includes a full tour of Mungalla Station Aboriginal Tours with morning and afternoon tea and cut sandwiches or BBQ lunch.
Day 2 - 6hrs, includes a full day workshop from 9:30am - 4pm including morning and afternoon tea and cut sandwiches or BBQ lunch
Do you provide catering?
Yes, Catering requirements must be made upon booking.
For a full detailed menu please do not hesitate in contacting us via email
Other Venue: Catering may depend on venue location & can be arranged.
Mungalla Station: We offer a light morning and afternoon tea and your choice of cut sandwiches or BBQ lunch.
What if I have food allergies?
Please notify staff at time of booking of any dietary requirements.
How do I make a payment?
A invoice for the amount allocated at time of booking will be sent via email and must be paid in full following 7 days of completion of training.